The Big Firm Has Taken A Major Share in ECM Systems
The London stock exchange listed gambling firm Playtech has strengthened its bingo business with the purchase of UK’s ECM Systems for £14.9 million.
Playtech will now own a 90% share of ECM, with the remaining 10% being held by ECM’s current Chief Executive Allen Richardson, who will stay at the helm of ECM for at least the next three years.
ECM is a leading supplier of everything bingo related in the United Kingdom and they are involved behind the scenes with big name bingo brands such as Gala Bingo and Mecca Bingo.
They also have an extensive involvement with retail terminals which is thought to generate a significant proportion of income for the company, and for the 2016 financial year they reported incoming revenue of £9.1 million before tax.
For Playtech, this new purchase will see them positioned strongly in regards to the retail bingo market in the United Kingdom, while also adding to their solutions for UK bingo operators and also having an extra outlet for Playtech content.